|FACTS||WHAT DOES TENNESSEE VALLEY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does TVFCU share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|To limit our sharing||
Call us (423) 634-3600 or toll free (800) 634-3600
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union (TVFCU)|
|What We Do|
|How does Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We also maintain other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information and we limit access to information to those employees for whom access is appropriate.
|How does Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only
|Why can’t I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?||Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.|
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Our affiliates include financial companies, such as:
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Non-affiliates we share with can include:
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Our joint marketing partners include:
|Other important information|
|For California Customers: We will not share personal information with nonaffiliates either for them to market to you or for joint marketing – without your authorization. We will also limit our sharing of personal information about you with our affiliates to comply with all California privacy laws that apply to us.
For any information regarding privacy issues please contact us:
Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 23967
Chattanooga, TN 37422
Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads to people who have visited our website on sites across the Internet. We do not collect personal information.
Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website. You can learn more about opting-out of Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add On.
Last Updated: May 2023
tvfcuMOBILE – powered by Fiserv – helps you manage your money, view your transactions and accounts, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
Fiserv provides the Services to users on behalf of their financial institution (“Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union”, or “TVFCU”) as a service provider. This Privacy Notice, in combination with relevant privacy notices that Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union provides to you (e.g., pursuant to financial privacy laws), informs you of the policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information that tvfcuMOBILE collects from or about users in connection with our mobile application (the “Services”). The specific capabilities of the Services available to you vary depending on TVFCU. You can find more information about TVFCU’s privacy policies and your choices at tvfcu.com or by contacting (423) 634-3600.
Depending on the services offered by TVFCU, tvfcuMOBILE may allow you to:
- get real-time balances for your accounts
- manage your money
- view your transactions and statements
- make transfers
- pay your bills and manage billers
- pay other people
- deposit a check
- locate branches and ATMs
- receive alerts
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION tvfcuMOBILE COLLECTS
tvfcuMOBILE may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You or TVFCU provide to us.
- tvfcuMOBILE may collect personal information from you or your financial institution, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, User IDs, telephone number, and social security number when you open a new financial account or register for other financial services. Device images/videos may be accessed when you deposit a check. Device contacts may be accessed when you to make peer to peer payments using PopMoney payments functionality. Device location may be accessed to provide branch and ATM locations.
- tvfcuMOBILE may collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact TVFCU via email, TVFCU will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- tvfcuMOBILE also collects other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by tvfcuMOBILE if you contact TVFCU via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 5G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that an email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, tvfcuMOBILE will collect your location information when you use the Services; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want tvfcuMOBILE to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW tvfcuMOBILE USES YOUR INFORMATION
(a) General Use. In general, tvfcuMOBILE uses your personal information to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. tvfcuMOBILE uses your personal information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of, secure and maintain your account;
- identify you as a legitimate user in tvfcuMOBILE’s system;
- provide improved administration of the Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services;
- send you administrative e-mail and/or push notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(d) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. tvfcuMOBILE may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. tvfcuMOBILE may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance tvfcuMOBILE’s products and services. TVFCU reserves the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in its discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
tvfcuMOBILE discloses your personal information as described below.
(a) At the Direction of Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, tvfcuMOBILE may share your information with TVFCU or with third parties. Other than as described in this Privacy Notice in connection with the Services, this Privacy Notice does not apply to the processing of your information by TVFCU or third parties with whom tvfcuMOBILE shares information at TVFCU’s direction.
(b) Third Party Service Providers. tvfcuMOBILE may share your personal information with third party or affiliated service providers that perform services for or on behalf of tvfcuMOBILE, for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including: to provide you with the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to optimize the performance of the Services; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to tvfcuMOBILE.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, tvfcuMOBILE may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Services may contain links to third party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave the Services and go to another site and another entity may collect personal and/or anonymous information from you. tvfcuMOBILE’s provision of a link to any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify TVFCU’s endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. tvfcuMOBILE has no control over, does not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Privacy Notice do not apply to these outside websites. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communications. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. tvfcuMOBILE currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, tvfcuMOBILE may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. To do so, you should contact TVFCU. For additional requests, please contact TVFCU on whose behalf we are providing the Services to you.
(c) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to tvfcuMOBILE’s collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the Services.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Federal laws and regulations require that US financial institutions retain original, active and historical records. Your personal and financial data will be retained for a period of five to ten years, depending on applicable laws, regulations and legitimate business needs.
PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
This Privacy Notice is subject to occasional revision. TVFCU or tvfcuMOBILE may notify you, in their sole discretion, of any material changes in tvfcuMOBILE’s collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by posting a notice on the Services. Any material changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective thirty (30) calendar days following notice of the changes on the Services or immediately where no notice is given. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of the Services. If you object to any such changes, you must notify TVFCU prior to the effective date of such changes that you wish to deactivate your account. Continued use of the Services following notice of any such changes (or use of the Services after any such changes) shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Notice or tvfcuMOBILE’s data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations to TVFCU, please contact TVFCU by mail at:
Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 23967
Chattanooga, TN 37422