TVFCU loves the communities we serve and we are dedicated to embracing a culture of giving that benefits the greater good. This includes supporting non-profits in our service areas when possible. Due to the large number of non-profits in our 13-county area, we are unable to fulfill all requests.
TVFCU is an inclusive credit union serving a diverse membership of over 150,000 individuals. We believe diversity is the key to achieving and sustaining our culture of innovation, empowerment and inclusion at TVFCU which, in turn, strengthens our communities.
Therefore, we will only support events that reflect the diversity within our communities.
AREAS OF FOCUS
More than a bank, and here's why... TVFCU sponsored roughly 120 community events in 2019 within these three areas of focus below. We strive to be involved in the events and interests of our membership, spanning our 13 county service area. It is our pleasure to support local events, programs and initiatives and you can see what we are up to through our Event Calendar.
If you have an event you'd like for us to consider sponsorship towards, visit our Outreach Details and submit a Sponsorship Request Application based off our guidelines and procedures. Thank you for thinking of TVFCU.
Education & Financial Literacy-
We provide access to financial literacy and help create pathways to economic well-being. We also support events that benefit scholarships.
- CNE Money School
- Junior Achievement
- Chattanooga State Foundation Scholarships
- CGLA Scholarship
TVFCU seeks to work with organizations that are dedicated to improving the welfare of our community along with improving people’s quality of life. These may include city celebrations, local fairs & outdoor festivals.
- Strawberry Festival
- Fireside / Fireside Latino Nights
- Big 9 Roots Festival
Technology and Entrepreneurship-
TVFCU wants to help foster a community of entrepreneurs and innovative thought. We want to support organizations that bring about the sharing of new ideas and creativity.
- Chattanooga StartUp Week
- 1 Million Cups
If your organization does not support one of our core focus areas, we will unfortunately not be able to grant your donation request. TVFCU is proud to support eligible nonprofit organizations located in the following areas: Bledsoe, Bradley, Grundy, Hamilton, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Polk, Rhea and Sequatchie Counties in Tennessee; and Catoosa, Dade and Walker Counties in Georgia.
- Organizations must provide a benefit to the community or credit union membership base
- Consideration is given to local charitable or economic organizations within TVFCU’s service area
- The requesting organization, event or program must be aligned with TVFCU’s community outreach focus and values
- All organizations must provide their 501(c) (3) documentation along with a statement of the organization’s history and purpose. We also require purpose/intended use for the contribution
- Requests must be received at least 45 days prior to the event. We cannot fill requests without proper advance notification
- Please list any affiliation you have with TVFCU
- Requests are limited to one per calendar year. Past support is not a guarantee of future funding
- Our fiscal year begins January 1 and ends December 31
- In some instances, TVFCU is able to provide a giveaway item instead of a cash donation. These are typically granted for use as a door prize or silent auction item
Preference will be given to requests that:
- Are located within our geographical footprint
- Reflect the mission and values of TVFCU
- Are relevant to a majority of our membership
- Fulfill a recognized need and benefit the community at large
We will not consider funding any request for the following:
- Operating or administrative costs
- Any group that represents a conflict of interest for TVFCU
- The promotion of religious beliefs
- Individual or team travel or competition costs
- Direct contributions to individuals or families in crisis
- Contributions to political/partisan endorsements
- Classroom field trips
- Any group which is not qualified as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization as specified by the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, religion, gender, etc.
We are currently accepting sponsorship requests for 2021.
All eligible nonprofit organizations seeking consideration for support are required to complete an electronic donation application. Telephone, fax, mail, in-person and email requests will not be accepted. Due to the volume of requests we receive, the sponsorship review process may take up to 30 days. We will make every effort to respond to your request within that time frame.
When completing the form, please fill out all required areas, providing the requested information with as much detail as possible—this may include attachments or supporting documentation to support your request.
Denial of qualified organizations is not a judgement on the worthiness of the requestor.
Thank you for understanding.