Free Credit Report
Your credit report is key for so many things, from financing major purchases to applying for a job. Regularly checking your credit report also helps you prevent identity theft.
Did you know you that could receive a free copy of your credit report every year? Visit AnnualCreditReport.com to see if you’re eligible for a free copy of your credit report today.
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
If you are listed as entitled to legal protections under the SCRA, please go to www.militaryonesource.mil/legal or call 1-800-342-9647 for more information.
Loan Payment Transfers
Give yourself one less bill to worry about. With our convenient loan payment transfer, your TVFCU loan is automatically paid on time — every time!
- Avoid late-payment penalties
- Simplify your monthly budget
- Little or no cost to you
- Safe and secure
Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union understands that finances can be a bit tight from time to time. That’s why we offer Skip-A-Pay. Qualified members can skip one loan payment per eligible loan for a fee of $50 per loan. While interest will continue to accrue during the skip, the skipped payment is added to the end of the loan term — giving you a little reprieve from your loan payment.
As a courtesy to our members, TVFCU offers Skip-A-Pay twice a year — June through August and November through February. Here’s more information about Skip-A-Pay.
- Loan(s) must not be more than 30 days past due and must have received six consecutive monthly payments since the last extension or origination. The six payments must be the equivalent of six months of payments without any missed payments during the six months. If paying weekly or biweekly, the member must have made six months of payments, not six payments.
- All credit union accounts must be in satisfactory status (no overdrawn accounts or loans over 30 days past due).
- Real estate loans, home equity loans, POP/BuyLine of credit loans, credit cards, Freedom Funds loans, share secured loans, share certificate secured loans and commercial/business loans are not eligible..
- A $50 fee applies to each Skip-A-Pay request per loan.
By participating in TVFCU’s Skip-A-Pay program, you request that TVFCU defer your loan payment(s) as indicated. You agree and understand that:
- Interest will continue to accrue at the interest rate provided in your original loan agreement, during and after this time.
- Deferring your payment will result in your having to pay more interest than if you made your payment as originally scheduled.
- The payment deferral will extend the terms of your loan(s), and you will have to make extra payment(s) through that new term date.
- You will resume your payments the following month.
- A nonrefundable fee of $50 will be charged for this service at the time the request is submitted. Please note that this is nonrefundable.
- Skipping a payment and late payment fees may reduce the amount of a Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) claim. Please refer to your GAP Policy for complete information. If you elected GAP or credit, life and/or disability coverage, the coverage will not be extended beyond the original maturity date.
All deferrals are subject to TVFCU approval. Eligibility requirements associated with this offer must be met, not limited to your loan(s) being current (cannot be more than 30 days past due).
For answers to common questions about Skip-a-Pay, including eligibility requirements, view our FAQ page. If you would like additional information, please call 423-634-3600.