What should I know before using Quicken or other financial management software?
The credit union provides downloads for the last eighteen months of your account data. You will find the download feature located under the Accounts tab in tvfcuONLINE. We provide the following file formats for use with the more popular financial management programs:
If you are having difficulty with your financial management program, then you may need to contact the manufacturer for assistance. Please note that while the credit union provides downloadable files for your convenience, we are unable to provide support for the program itself. Quicken offers online support at https://www.quicken.com/support. However, you may be able to resolve your issue by asking yourself the following questions.
1. Is the account number in the Quicken program correct?
Make sure that the account number is formatted properly within the Quicken program.
For Savings and Loan Accounts:
Check the format of the account number in your program and make sure it is 14-digits.
For Checking Accounts:
Check the format of the account in your program and make sure it is the MICR number exactly as it appears at the bottom of one of your checks. This should be the complete 14-digit account number.
2. Are there duplicate entries?
During your initial download you will need to pay particular attention to the way transactions load into the program. You may see some duplicate entries and will need to manually remove those errant transactions in your files. This should not happen on subsequent downloads.
3. Do you install automatic updates?
Members who use automatic updates must make sure that they have updated the login information within the Quicken program. If the Quicken program attempts to automatically download transactions using outdated login information, then there is the potential for Quicken to lock your accounts out of tvfcuONLINE.
4. Do you log in at odd hours?
Members who use Quicken financial management software may notice logins to their tvfcuONLINE account during odd hours of the night and be concerned about the activity. This may be Quicken Express Web Connect performing automatic updates and your computer does not have to be powered on for this to occur. Visit the Quicken support site.
5. Are you using Quicken versions 2017 and older?
The parent company of Quicken has discontinued support for versions older than 2017. Product discontinuations usually happen on or about April 30th each year. Visit the Quicken discontinuation policy page.
Is the tvfcuONLINE system secure?
Yes. Our system uses the highest level of protection available, providing the assurance that your accounts and financial information are secure. For more information, visit our Multi-Factor Authentication page or feel free to contact us.
How do I set up a recurring transfer on tvfcuONLINE?
Under the "Transfers" tab, you can set up one-time and recurring transfers in only a few clicks.
How much tvfcuONLINE transaction history is available?
Members can view 18 months of transaction history from their TVFCU accounts. eStatements will be available for at least 18-months.
How do I add account nicknames?
Click on the account you wish to nick name and click the Account Information button. From there you can choose a new nickname and press save. Please note accounts will be in alphabetical order based on nickname once nicknames have been set. Accounts are also separated by deposit and loan accounts.
What if I have never used tvfcuONLINE before?
If you have never logged into tvfcuONLINE before, please visit your nearest branch, video chat with a Personal Consultant on our tvfcuLIVE Stream service through desktop or mobile app, or contact the tvfcuLIVE Line at 423-634-3600 for details. After a brief setup process, you can log in and begin using tvfcuONLINE right away!
How do I login to tvfcuONLINE?
If you are already a tvfcuONLINE user, simply enter your existing User ID (this may be your account number) and your existing Password and click the Login button. If you have forgotten your password, simply click the ‘Forgotten Password?” link in the online banking login area (located at the top of the page). If you have never logged in before, please visit your nearest branch, video chat with a Personal Consultant on our tvfcuLIVE Stream service through desktop or mobile app, or contact the tvfcuLIVE Line at 423-634-3600 for details
How can I get additional assistance?
You can get assistance any number of ways. tvfcuONLINE offers a secure messages option with our Call Center during normal business hours. This is ideal if you have a question about a particular transaction. You can also get assistance through easily accessible Help screens or by phoning our TVFCU Call Center at 423-634-3600. The Bill Pay Terms and Conditions also lists a dedicated phone number for questions regarding Bill Pay transactions.
Online Bill Pay
How long will it take my online bill payment to process?
tvfcuONLINE Bill Pay reserves the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf to your payee. These payment methods may include, but may not be limited to, an electronic payment, an electronic-to-check payment or a paper check payment. In most cases, the method of payment is determined by the payee and cannot be changed.
Funds are withdrawn from your account on the same date that payees receive your payment. Simply choose the pay date and it all happens on the same day!
Paper Check Payments
With paper check payments, please allow five to six business days for processing. Paper check payments are mailed to your payee through U.S. Mail and the funds don’t come out of your account until after your payee processes the payment. This form of payment is necessary when the payee does not accept electronic payments and we cannot change the way payees receive payments. But, just like any of the checks you write, the tvfcuONLINE Bill Pay checks will be available for viewing within eStatements at the end of the month.
With electronic-to-check payments, the money is withdrawn electronically from your account on the payment date and the funds are remitted by corporate check to your payee. It is important to keep in mind that these types of payments start processing sooner than electronic payments, but the funds still come out of your account on the pay date.
Can I arrange to have my billing statements sent to me electronically?
Yes, one of the great features of our system is eBills. With eBills, you can completely automate your billing by receiving your bills electronically. Some qualifications apply, as this is only available if your biller offers eBills. Please contact us to learn more.
When will the funds from bill payments be deducted from my account?
In most cases, the Bill Pay system will deduct funds from your account on the pay date that you select when scheduling your payment. However, payments that are sent via paper check are subject to the timing variations of normal check clearing channels. It is important to keep this in mind when scheduling your payments so that you have the funds in your account at the time the payment is scheduled. Bill Pay will deliver paper check payments to your payee on or before the pay date, but cannot guarantee when the funds will come out of your account.
Why do I get an error message when I attempt to access the Bill Pay tab?
This may be due to several things. Below are some suggestions.
If you continue to have difficulties, please call 866-234-5372.
- You must have a checking account to use Bill Pay.
- Our Bill Pay site requires that you have a valid email address on file. Please visit the “Self-Service” tab and update your email address from the link in the Personal Information box.
- An issue has been identified with Bill Pay when an account nickname exceeds a certain number of characters. Please check your account names from the “Manage Account Preferences” link in the “Self-Service” section. If you have a checking account nickname that exceeds 30-characters, you may be able to shorten the nickname of that account and access the Bill Pay feature.
- You must have the options for your Internet browser set to accept (or enable) first and third party cookies. Bill Pay will not work unless cookies are enabled. Check your computer settings.
- Bill Pay requires that you have valid phone numbers. Please visit the “Self-Service” tab and update your phone numbers.
- If you have updated any personal information, it may be necessary to log out and then log back in before you can access the “Bill Pay” tab.
How long will the system store bill payment history?
The system will retain 18 months of history.
Who can I pay with Bill Pay?
You can pay anyone in the United States who you would normally pay by check. This includes paying bills, but it also includes sending money to people.
Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit
Can I use Mobile Deposit on any phone?
Mobile Deposit can be accessed through our Mobile Banking app on iPhones, iPads, Android phones and Android tablets. At this time, other devices and operating systems are not supported.
How do I know if my check was accepted?
You can check the status of your mobile deposit by selecting the “Deposits” tab and then “View Deposit History.” The color-coded icons will help you identify the status of your deposit.
- Accepted (Green ) means the item has been deposited.
- Pending (Yellow ) means the item has been received, but it has yet to be reviewed and/or deposited.
- Failed (Red ) means the item has been rejected.
Which types of items are not eligible for Mobile Deposit?
- Third-party checks or any item that is payable to any person or entity other than an owner of the account to which the item is to be deposited
- Checks that are drawn or otherwise issued by you or any person or entity affiliated with you including another owner or joint account holder
- Items that are prohibited by TVFCU’s then current procedures governing the use of the services or your account or are in violation of any law, rule or regulation
- Items you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are forged or fraudulent items or not otherwise authorized by the owner of the account on which the item is drawn
- Items that have been previously deposited whether as an original items, substitute checks or image replacement documents, without TVFCU’s expressed written consent
- Items that are drawn on financial institutions located outside the United States (including the District of Columbia)
- Items that are remotely created checks (as defined in the Federal Reserve’s Regulation CC)
- Items that contain alterations to any of the fields on the front of the check
- Items that are not payable in U.S. dollars
- Items that are more than six months old
- Items that are substitute checks (as defined in the Federal Reserve’s Regulation CC, 12 C.F.R. Part 229)
- Travelers checks, savings bonds, money orders or postal money orders
- Non-negotiable instruments, such as promissory notes
- Checks requiring an authorization code (e.g. ComData checks, etc.)
- Any check that is drawn or otherwise issued by the United States Treasury Department
- Credit card advance checks
When can I view my mobile deposit in my account history?
Mobile deposits are not immediately visible in your account history. If a deposit is made and approved by 3 p.m. ET on a business day, then it will appear in your account between 4 and 6 p.m. ET on the same business day.
When will my deposited funds be credited to my account?
Checks deposited by the 3 p.m. cut-off time will generally be available to you after 6 p.m. that same business day. Items deposited after the 3 p.m. cut-off time will generally be available to you the following business day after approximately 6 p.m. TVFCU reserves the right to delay the availability of deposits.
Are there limits to the amounts of checks that can be deposited?
Yes, both the single item and the daily limits are $5,000.
Can I use Mobile Deposit with my business account?
Yes! Mobile deposit is available for all business members with a checking account.
Which accounts can I deposit into?
At this time, you can only deposit into consumer & business checking accounts.
What do I do if I’m having trouble viewing my statement?
Recent changes to your operating system software such as upgrades, downloads and/or system enhancements can affect your computer’s ability to connect with secure sites and view PDF documents including our eStatement site.
We recommend trying the following steps:
- Verify that your computer is current on all system updates
- Un-install and re-install Adobe Reader (get.adobe.com/reader/)
- Ensure that you are using the most up-to-date version of your browser
- If you utilize pop-up blocker and firewall programs or applications, you may need to disable certain features of the programs in order to access your eStatements (this can be a part of your computer’s firewall or anti-virus program); after viewing, make sure to turn these features back on
- Add https://estmt.businessdatainc.com/TVFCU/ShowDocList.do to the trusted site list.
For Safari users:
- When viewing the eStatement, right click (or ctrl click if you have no external mouse and have not yet set up dual buttons on your track pad) on the eStatement image
- There will be an option to open the PDF in a new window (or open with Preview) — select "Yes"
- From the new window, there will be an option to either print or save the eStatement (if you have disabled your PDF plugin, you will need to enable it)
I received the following error message while trying to view an eStatement, “There was an error processing a page. A font contains a bad CMap/Encoding.” What does this mean?
You are using an old version of Adobe Reader and need to upgrade to version 6 or higher. Adobe recommends that you first uninstall any older version of Acrobat Reader prior to installing the updated version. Once this has been done, you should be able to view your eStatements with no problems.
Does it matter what browser I use to access the website?
We recommend the most current versions of either Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari. Other browsers and older versions of browsers may work but have not been tested and could provide limited functionality.
Do I need any special software to use the eStatement service?
If you have Adobe Reader 6 or higher on your computer, then you’re all set. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can get your free download now.
How will I know when my registration has been completed?
Once you’ve completed the registration process you will receive an email confirming your successful registration.
How will I know when I can view my statement?
You will receive an email notification whenever a new statement is available for viewing. If the statement is not viewed within a certain time frame, a reminder email will be sent as a follow up.
Can I print my statement out?
Yes, you can print your statements. You can also save them to your hard drive or flash drive.
Hover the mouse pointer over the actual statement image and a hover menu will appear that includes a printer icon. This is the way that eStatements need to be printed. Simply using the File menu or printer icon on the Internet browser won’t work.
How long will my statement be available for viewing?
eStatements will have 18 months on the site now, which will build up to a rolling 36 months of availability.
What should I do if my email address changes?
Simply visit the "Self Service" tab in tvfcuONLINE and update your personal information.
What is the Skip-A-Pay program?
The Skip-A-Pay program gives qualified members the opportunity to skip up to two monthly loan payments on eligible loans during a 12-month period. Then the skipped payments are added to the end of your loan term.
What loans are eligible for skips?
Personal loans, auto loans, motorcycle loans, boat loans and RV loans are all eligible, given there have been six months of consecutive on-time payments.
What loans are NOT eligible for skips?
Real estate loans, home equity loans, POP/BuyLine of credit loans, credit cards, Freedom Funds loans, share secured loans, share certificate secured loans and commercial/business loans are not eligible.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, your loan must have received six months of consecutive payments and be in good standing. Good standing simply means that your loans must be less than 30 days past due.
Is there a fee?
Yes, there is a nominal, nonrefundable fee of $50 per Skip-A-Pay request per loan.
How does it impact my loan?
The skipped payment will be added to the end of your loan, extending the loan term, and interest will continue to accrue during skipped months.
What if I have automatic (ACH) payments?
If you have automatic payments from a TVFCU account, you will need to “stop” the ACH for the month then restart it. Please ask a financial services consultant for more information.
What if I pay my loan through online Bill Pay?
Bill Pay is different than automatic (ACH) payments. If you use TVFCU’s Bill Pay or Bill Pay from any financial institution, you’ll need to log into Bill Pay to stop and restart the payment yourself. However, don’t forget to turn it back on after your skip!
How often can I skip?
As an added-benefit to members, TVFCU offers Skip-A-Pay twice a year. Members who meet all of the conditions may skip any eligible loan twice during the year.
Can I skip any time?
No, Skip-A-Pays are only offered twice annually. However, you can apply for a loan payment extension at other times during the year. Speak with a loan officer for more information.
Can I make an additional principal payment on my real estate loan?
If you wish to make additional principal payments to your real estate loan, you must include any additional principal amount in with your regular payment. If you attempt to make a principal only payment, then the system will automatically split your payment between interest, principal and escrow. This could result in problems with escrow, interest and due dates. To avoid problems with your real estate loan, we urge you to contact our Call Center at 423-634-3600 or make your principal reduction payments in person at one of our branches.
Can I make a partial payment on my real estate loan?
If you are paying less than the amount due, then the system will not accept your payment. Please contact our Call Center at 423-634-3600 or visit one of our branches for assistance.
Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union
What is the Credit Union’s routing number?
Our routing number is 261375684.These nine numbers can be found in the bottom left corner of your check or deposit slip. The next 14 digits are your checking account number.
There is also a link to our routing number at the bottom of every page of our website.
Can I call in to check on transactions by telephone?
Absolutely! With our convenient Choice24 telephone service you can call in 24/7 and check your balances, recent transactions and even transfer funds between your TVFCU accounts. Have your Choice24 PIN ready and call 423-634-3600 locally or 1-800-634-3600 nationwide.
What are the holidays that the Credit Union is closed?
The credit union follows the federal holiday schedule. You may consult the Holiday Closures page, to see a list of these holidays and other closure exceptions.